Re: Subject: DM/LH

Clyde Lee wrote:

> David,
>
> Thanks for the credit.
>
> The "number of bars" used in Fourier is important in that
> over this period in the last portion of the data set a
> least squares trend line is calculated and subtracted
> from the data before the line by line analysis is done.
>
> After the peaks in the spectrum are determined (as shown
> in the printout) then the determined "trend" is continued
> and the determined spectral components (the sinusoidal
> lines at the bottom) are added to come up with the final
> projection.
>
> For projection purposes (and not for beauty) try entering
> a negative number equal to one less than the number of
> bars in the loaded data (shown on the right hand side of
> the chart) and just hit enter and let it run.
>
> We never know exactly what is the length of the longest
> component in a data set and this is a way of getting
> a better idea of what longer term projections are good.
>
> Again thanks.
>
> Clyde
>
>     -----------------------------------------------------
> >
> > Subject: DM/LH
> > Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 07:48:17 +0800
> > From: "David Ellery" <ellery@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > To: "Traders Real" <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> > Recently there have been posts relating to a new program
> > called Golden Box.
> > Attached are a couple of SwingMachine charts which may
> > confirm Mitch Ryder's
> > GB posts of Live Hogs and Deutschemark.
> > Clyde Lee has included Fourier analysis in his
> > SwingMachine software which
> > defaults to 45 periods but which can be adjusted. I'm not
> > sure how to set an
> > optimal period for
> > Fourier but it seems, from my observations, 45 periods has
> > been quite
> > successful.
> > Even though Fourier works on fixed cycles, it suggests
> > confirmation
> > of Clyde's swings with Golden Box turns. We'll have to
> > observe the cycles
> > for a few days to see if there's anything in them.
> > By the way, Fourier analysis is showing Crude Oil in a
> > downward cycle. It'll
> > be interesting to see if there's any change after the
> > political events over
> > Iraq.
> >
> > Dave

  Greetings Traders:

Long time no chat.  I've got Clyde's 'Swing Machine' for more than a
year already.  I would like to take the opportunity to thank Clyde for
his generousity of sharing his programe with us.  In respect to the
swing projection areas.  Sometimes I have the confidence to interpret
the swings correctly.  However, there are times when my expectations are
totally off.  Could someone kind enough to basically explain how to go
about interpreting these future swings.  As David has pointed out, I
also put as much 'future' swings to it as possible.  If I'm correct in
my interpretation of this program, the various swings that clutter
together shows the highest probability that the market will react
according to these cluttered swings.  Am I correct so far?  Secondly, I
have never utilize fourier analysis in my trading systems before,  I
would like someone to assist me in the basic interpretations of such
analysis and how do I go about set this up on the Swing Machine.
Kalalex, for the Swing Machine I got, just press 'F' on the keyboard and
you will get to the fourier analysis window(s).  Finally my 'default'
for the fourier analysis is '45'.  Should I temper on this number to
make it more in tune with the market?  After this number is displayed,
there is another entry that I have to make. It says "offset to be used
in analysis".  What exactly is this? And is there any general rule(s)
that I should follow for entering this numbers?  How do I get rid of the
manu that is overlapping the fourier analysis displays?!  Attached is
the chart of the Hang Seng Index.  Using this chart as an example, What
is the Swing Machine trying to me with these future swings formations?
Thanks in advance and Regards.

Have a good one
Jeff Harteam
Hong Kong

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\HSIsm.gif"