No Subject

RT's,

I've been struggling lately with exit strategies.  The one I've used most frequently is to place a stop 1-2 ticks beyond the extreme of the last two bars.  Although this approach appears to minimize risk and allows participation in some nice moves, it often results in being stopped out at the extreme of a reaction and missing the subsequent impulse move.  I've been doing some exit testing lately, and the suprising result has been that a profit target exit has (so far in a relatively small sample) been the best performer.

I'd be interested in hearing about other traders' exit methodologies (whatever you're willing to share).  I'm also looking for suggestions for testing exits.

Jeff Kingery
taotrader@xxxxxxxxxxx