moving averages

i have been reading all the chat about various system trading in this
forum for the last few days.. i personally feel it is a waste of your
hard earned money and probably a part of your investment fund. I have
been trading futures mainly s&P (but works almost on all commodities)
using simple moving averages
I have 2 moving averages i use, one is 5 min bar chart with 18 bar
exponential moving average, and other one is 30 bar moving average. I
usually act  on the indicators generated by 30 bar. I use 18 bar as an
early warning of a possible trend or a price change.
If the 30 bar for example is pointing down and the pricebar from below
hits the moving average and is repulsed it is a great place for shorting
and of course viceversa holds good for going long. Another important use
of 30 bar moving average is to let you know what not to do. Never go
long as long as 30 bar moving average is pointing down.
This simple rules have helped me in my trade tremendously. But ofcourse
nothing can be 100 percent perfect and "past results are not guarantee
of future results.. blah..blah etc".
Hope this small info helps you all make tons of money. But of
course always remember money is only part of the requirement for being
happy in your life.
Thanks
Kris rajan