Re: Daytrading

What is a combo?

I've spent most of my trading carrier day and swing trading.  I think that
your observations are correct.  The biggest problem with short term trading
is the fatigue factor.  Sometimes, you just have to stop for awhile.

Very few decent books around on short term trading but I thought that
Street Smarts had a lot of good ideas in it.

Actually, I reread your post and saw that I had missed the option
reference.  I though that you were referring to a trading pattern.

Thanks,

Stewart.

At 07:47 PM 10/7/98 -0500, Dark Hacker wrote:

>All,
>
>I've recently started daytrading options and am pleasently
>surprised at how intuitive and controlled intraday trading can be.
>I'm fast becoming convinced that trading derivitives with EOD data
>holds too much risk with too little reward.  On the other hand if
>you trade intraday you can take advantage of some wonderful daily
>range swings and limit losses almost immediately!  Combos and other
>strategies can be used as well!
>
>So... can anyone recommend some good books on intraday trading as
>it applies to equity and index options?  Hell, futures too if its
>applicable.  I'm totally naive about futures but I'm sure many of
>the same principles apply.
>
>Any good web-based tools that I can use to trade intraday?  I
>currently use Quote.com's 10 minute delayed live charting which is
>adequate for my purposes at present.  I'd really like to apply some
>basic indicators to those charts though.
>
>Thanks a lot!
>
>- Hacker
>
>---
>Dark Hacker             |  Fortress Of Computation
>hacker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  |  http://www.computation.com/pub/hacker/
>
>Investment and Market Outlook:
>	http://www.computation.com/pub/hacker/Investment/index.html
>Bishop Protein Analytics:
>	http://www.computation.com/pub/hacker/Bishop/index.html
>
>       "Building our future... one twisted freak at a time."

Stewart Taylor
Taylor Fixed Income Outlook
Voice: 501-219-9774
Fax: 501-228-0963