Trading Systems

I've noticed that many traders here are working to develop mechanical
trading systems. This is a path I've tried myself - trading stocks based
on TA. My results were OK, but not impressive. In the last few months,
I've decided to take a different approach. I feel my strength in trading
is managing trades, not calling them. So, have subscribed to two
services that call trades. Holds range from a few minutes to a few days.
I have an average of 5 positions open at any time, sometimes as many as
10. Results have been great so far, increasing the equity in my account
about 60% in two months.

The nagging doubt that I have is that I don't really know the reason for
each trade, so am not developing my skills in that area. Am I fooling
myself or just playing to my stonger abilities?

Has anyone else taken this path? Comments?

TG