Re: Gann

Peter,

I have both - Stocks and Commodities Courses - and worked through the
Commodities Course fully about 7 times.

Some of the material has clearly been added by another party (Billy Jones)
and most of it is really just cobbled together and lacks the flow of what I
would expect Gann would have done.  Nevertheless, it is a good exercise to
do.  I had the course for a year and then attended a seminar with Nick
Flambourous and then from a guy Nick had taught who was like a Gann
academic (no trading sense but had pulled lots of information together and
presented it in a way that makes sense).

Then I got Bryce Gilmore's Geometry of Markets book. This cleared away a
lot of the mystic stuff and got straight to the heart of the ratios and
numbers Gann comes up with. Doing this helped me alot. These helped me with
a conceptual framework for viewing the course and some basic astrology
stuff. And I was able to keep going through the course and seeing more and
more things.

The Courses are big and worthwhile but I think most people need some
framework as I did.  What Gann wrote was usually quite cryptic, boring and
repetitive.  The Tunnel Thru The Air is possibly one of the most boring
stories I have ever read too many times.

By all means by it but be prepared to work and look for some short cuts
like Bryce Gilmore's or Bill McLaren's books or a well priced Gann teacher.

David Hunt
http://adest.com.au