Re: Exits

I by far am not the authority on exits, whether trailing or target, however one
thing that I have noticed is that the type of stop you use should be determined
by the type of trading that you are doing.  For me, if im trading a short term
swing type of trading I prefer to use targets, if its more trend following in
nature,  then I prefer to use a trailing.  I have found by using a target exit
on my swing trades that Im able to keep from giving back much of my trade. (
notice on a single days range how much you give back if you let the market stop
you out) in most cases its pretty substantial at least in my eyes anyway. On
swing trades all that I am concerned with is that one impulse move and thats
it, Yes there will be times when the market continues to go on and thats okay.
I made money.  On longer term trades, obviously I am thinking the market is
going much higher, so therefore I want to give the market more room to work, so
I use a trailing stop or exit. If I think the trend will end then I will use a
target exit once more.

Again let us remeber that we are all different and what may work for one trader
will not work for another.  Use the type of exit that you are comfortable with
and be consistant.

Profitable Trading
Troy
wallst@xxxxxxxx