Re: Gen: Is trading gambling?

BrentinUtahsDixie wrote:

> RT's
>
> What do you think, is trading gambling?

Hi Brent,

There is a fine difference between the sited definition and trading:

It is the difference between "gambling" and "speculation"

Gambling is rolling the dice and hoping for "box-cars". Speculation
is taking a *carefully calculated* risk, for greater gain.

I like to compare good trading to being able to sit at a Poker
table and draw hands forever, until I get a hand I like. How well
could you do, if you could draw cards until you had a straight or
a flush? Much better than that dice roller...... (IMO anyway.)

Walt Downs
CIS Trading