Re: C/R cont'd ... Fill tactics

I have a question about opening call.
I strived to avoid gap opening when I tried to enter market before open.
A few days ago,,,,I was putting an order for a market which doesn't have night session before it opened.
I just asked the broker if I could avoid gap open,,,he yelled at some of his peer and found out the would-be opening price.
I wonder how this can be done,,,,and if it is always possible to know the opening price before hand.

This would save me a lot of effort,,,,and even give me a chance to pick an entry point.

Many thanks,,,in advance.