Re: Fwd: Gen: Newsweek Cover - Mkt Top

MMille2335 wrote:

> Subject: Gen: Newsweek Cover - Mkt Top
> Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 19:57:58 EDT
> From: MMille2335 <MMille2335@xxxxxxx>
> To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Have you noticed the cover of the recent issue of Newsweek - - Its a bull in a
> wedding dress.  I did not read the article, apparently its about why we are
> married to the stock market.
>
> Another sign of a top.  Grant Noble in his book had an interesting discussing
> re: mag. covers and mkts.

NW:  A BULL in a Wedding Dress?  A bull in drag? Was Marv Alpert in that issue
too?  And, what does this mean for the wedding night?  Anyway, yes there is a good
track record for major news magazines and featured cover stories. Paul McCrae
Mongomery, analyst and broker for Legg Mason, once did a study on Time Magazine
covers and found that on average it took about nine months for the featured
subject to meet its contrarian fate of doom. So, this is a good sociological
indicator. Sorry to be a "drag" but  it is perhaps not as precise for timing as
what most traders would like. Now, I need to figure out what to wear to this
wedding?

Fashionably,

Norman