Re: Stk Market Timing - Astro call

At 09:49 AM 4/26/98 -0700, Chris Jackson wrote:
>Norman care to comment on this one since it is in your area of
>expertise.

  I'm not Norman but I care to comment on this.
  I've studied Astrology quite extensively in the (distant) past and have
found it to have some validity, especially in personality interpetation
(natal horoscopes.) However, the whole area is very subjective and
interpetative. The trouble I see with using Astrology for trading the
markets is that it is also very subjective and interpretative, as evidenced
by the interpetations that you have posted. Every astrological element has
a large range of possible meanings, and their combinations such as aspects,
house placement, etc. etc. add another whole range of slipperiness to the
indications.
  No two astrologers will come up with the same interpetation of the
indications on a chart, although they may find a commonality in a broad
range of what the elements and combinations mean. Within this broad range
is quite alot of room for subjective projection, i.e. reading into what is
there rather than reading from what is there.
  For this reason, I don't see how one can put any reliance on astrological
interpetations for trading, which requires precision and specificity. The
room for wild subjective speculation is just too much in Astrology, and
there is not enough precision to the whole field to make interpetations
standardized.
  What I'd like to see is specific correlations and precise indications,
not subject to subjective interpetation. If this is possible then Astology
could be an incredible tool for timing. But I haven't seen anything like
this yet from the Norman's, Arch's, Greg's, etc.
  This is just my viewpoint. I'd like to know better, if there is a better
way to see this. Anyone using astrology who can enlighten me?

Thanks,
David Cicia