Re: How To Calculate Commissions & Fees .. Help Please?

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: How To Calculate Commissions & Fees .. Help Please?
  • From: sarber@xxxxxxxx (BERNkkk FINN)
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 08:29:02 -0700

On Mon, 20 Apr 1998 23:23:57 +0200 Gwenn Ael Gautier
<Gw.Gautier@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>Fees are applicable per contract per round trip. So when you buy 1
>contract and
>sell it, your account will be debited by $20 + fees. For 3 contracts
>traded, it
>will be debited by $60 + 3*fees. Also, if you position trade, your
>equity
>available will be adjusted for anticipated commissions.
>
>Yours,
>
>Gwenn
>

>Tony Parker a écrit:
>
>> Mark&TC:
>>
>> You just raised an interesting point. My broker Saul Stone says I'm
>paying $20
>> plus fees a Round Trip.
>>
>> So here's the "dumb question":
>>
>> I'm going to have to take a closer look at my statements, but I've
>been
>> calculating my P& L "commissions & fees" at $20+ fees per contract.
>>
>> I.E. if I buy/sell two contracts then I'm charged 2 X "commissions &
>fees" (at
>> $20+ $1-$2fees per contract) three contracts = 3X, four
>contracts=4X, etc.....
>>
>> Have I made yet another Newbie "Mistake"?
>>
>> Are you saying that "commissions & fees" (at $20+ $1-$2 fees) is
>applied
>> against the overall order no matter how many contracts I buy/sell?
>>
>> Are you saying for instance on my order for 2 July Cocoa, I should
>only be
>> charged $20.00 + $1.43 fees as "commission & fees"?
>>
>> Would someone please clear that one up for me?
>>
>> Tony
>>
>> Mark&TC wrote:
>>
>> > Congratulations !
>> >
>> > Two things...might want to consider adding to your post what you
>used to
>> > make you entry and exit decisions and the reader digest version of
>your
>> > thinking process. i.e.. "I used TS with the following indicators
>or
>> > system...and I was thinking (you fill in) about making the trade,
>etc."
>> > This is will help other newbies. Your thought and feeling process
>is 90% of
>> > trading.
>> >
>> > Secondly, unless you have a very small account...under $5K you are
>getting
>> > ripped off...you shouldn't be paying more than $25 RT total...and
>as you
>> > progress in increasing the number of contracts you trade and/or
>the
>> > frequency you should pay even less.
>> >
>> > Wishing you more success,
>> > Mark Seflin

>Why don't you ask your broker for a flat fee per  roundturn per contract
and not worry about the extrasThis way you know the correct  amount at
all times without having to calculate it.You could also bargain with them
about the price.I think you shuold not pay more then $16.00-16.50 per
roundturn.There are plenty off brokers that will give you the same
service(reputable) for that money.
Bernie
sarber@xxxxxxxx