Re: GEN:Suretrade/Datek/Discover

At 02:27 PM 2/20/98 -0500, richard tobiassen wrote:
>hi jeff,
>here is there site........a number should be there somewhere............
>http://www.suretrade.com/
>
>good trading
>rich t
>
>Jeff Hudis wrote:
>
>> I am interested in speaking to someone at Suretrade but cannot find a
>> phone # ANYWHERE.  Can anyone help me?
>>
>> Thanks, Jeff
>

>At 11:51 AM 2/21/98 -0800, Jeff Hudis wrote:
>Thanks but the wierd thing is that there is no contact number on the
>website.  Only email and regular mail.  The email responses are slow and
>do not address specific questions.  It kind of makes you think.
>
>Thanks, Jeff

Jeff,

I guess you take the website information as being all that
is available.  You have to rely on the legal/financial system
to have a brokerage behave in certain standard ways.

For $7.95 per trade commission we should expect a truly
"no frills" approach.  If you're not comfortable with this
and want someone to talk to, contact Fidelity or Schwab.
Obviously when you get to contact a human there, the price
will be a bit higher (Fidelity can charge as little as $14.95
per trade).

Pete

RT's:

Did anyone else see the article on Internet/Web brokers?
Suretrade was ranked significantly below Discover and
Datek.  The criteria that outnumbered cost include
order execution, ease of use and research.  Since I am
planning to leave Fidelity which has just slightly better
execution score than Suretrade (I ignore the better research
score because I have many sources elsewhere),  would I not
choose Datek?  (Discover got a slighly higher rating on
research and the fuzzy criterion "reliability/range" so
I knock it out due to the $15 commissions)

Other opinions?

Pete

P.S. the article said if you need to talk to a live broker
at times DLJDirect (fourth place) and Waterhouse (6th place).
petena9090@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx