Re: SILVER....--Another point of view-not a rebuttal

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: SILVER....--Another point of view-not a rebuttal
  • From: John Cappello <jvc689@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 22:00:07 -0800 (PST)

Dear Ray,

I appreciate your response and I have no position in this debate,only the insight of a long term Buffet watcher and avid reader of every book about him.

I would offer the following:

1.People who take delivery generally have thought out why they are taking delivery and have this cost built in to their profit analysis.

2.Buffet owns an insurance conglomerate and certainly has this figured in as far as insuring his silver.

3.Having seen most of his annual reports for the last 20 years,his usual shorter term investments are his ones that went against him.If this goes against him he would sell.There is a good chance he would buy into the shorts since he has a tendency to average up.

4.This is a very high profile move for him--he does 'need' the money and does not want to be cast as a market manipulater at this stage of his life

Everyone from the Lone Ranger to Ken Roberts to Merryl Lynch has been saying silver is too low for years.With stocks Buffet bought there was a threshhold limit where the world found out what he was doing via the SEC.If it were me I would find out via whatever regulatory agency there is for silver what he is doing and plan accordingly.

Mechanically yours,
John