Why no discount for spreads?

RT’s,
	If I was a broker I would offer to a discount to people putting on
spreads. (The prices in this next part apply more to futures brokers but
the principle is the same.). I would give up a couple of bucks for the
chance to get another $25 or whatever the commission is. I know that for
orders of like 5 or more many firms will give you a discount for volume but
I would want to encourage spread trades as much as possible. It just
doesn’t figure to me. Any thoughts anyone.

B.R.,
Brent