Re: tradestation help websites

In a message dated 97-12-31 02:56:23 EST, sgoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>   I am seeking the previously posted websites, for those RT's having
>  problems with Tradestations. I currently have several indicators that give
>  me RUNTIME ERRORS stating, "attempted to divide by zero(0)"???. These
>  indicators have current verification by TS PowerEditor and have functioned
>  in the past. I have not been able to find, in the TS manuals, an index or
>  reference listing this RUNTIME alert. I have called Omega, and could not
get
>  a technican that was able to help or understand my problem (as usual). If
>  anyone has a website address or suggestions; I would greatly appreciate
your
>  input and help.

Steven

           There won't be a website that will help.  This is a programming
problem.   If you code (Close-open)/High-Low)  it will verify fine, but the
first time your data has a point where the high and low are the same you will
get that error.  What you need to do is something like this:

If High-Low > 0 then begin
(close-open)/(high-low)
end;

         Some where in your code is something that occasionally causes a
divide by zero.  You are just going to have to look closely, find it and then
do something like I showed.

                          Pete