Re: Orders to Brokers

rjb@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Actually, my broker has taught me that when you want to buy any of the
> grains, you want to buy 5, not 1 (as in 5000 bushels). The statements I get
> reflect this. Kind of an odd thing, but that's the way it goes.

To further confuse things :)

January 2, 1998: The CBOT will begin listing agricultural contracts in
contracts
and not bushels. Your statements will also be changed to reflect this.
The think the idea behind this was to distinguish between the CBOT
(5000bu) and the
Mid-Am (1000bu) contracts.
AFter Jan 2 it would be wise to state exactly which contract you want to
trade
if you trade both CBOT & Mid-am contracts........