Re: MKTIntraday OBV

yorker@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Don,
>
> I have another question and some comments.
>
> Question:  You said this was not obv because  this does not have to do with
> price.  How do you determine advancing and declining volume if you don't
> use price in some way?

I was refering to the classic defintion of OBV as defined by Granville,
Ie: if Close today is greater than Close yesterday than a plus value is
given to
the TOTAL VOLUME traded and added to the previous day's value. If Close
is less than yesterday's close than total volume is given a negative and
then added to yesterday's obv.
Granville's trick is very rough.

You are right that price change truely defines whether or not its
Advancing volume or Declining volume.

> My comment is that, I believe this is an intraday form of obv, IMHO, and a
> very interesting use for the technique.  I believe that many software
> packages provide this indicator.  Is this true do you know?

It wasn't in Supercharts. Or anywhere else that I looked.  It took me
awhile to figure out how to program SC to do the trick.

Thanks for your perspective on the charts..

I think that it is telling us that the selling might just be over...  :)
No guarenteessss

Don