GEN: TRIN Indicator

RTs,

I am posting this e-mail to find help about the Arm's indicator called
TRIN.
I use Metastock 6.0. The indicator is pre-built in the package, but in the
formula builder you can see this text:

{To display the Arms Index, create two composite securities in The
DownLoader. One composite of Advancing issues divided by Declining Issues
and another composite of Advancing Volume divided by Declining Volume.
After creating these chart do the following steps:

1. Open charts of both composites.
2. Drag the plot of Adv Issues/Dec Issues and drop into the chart of Adv
Volume/Dec Volume.
3. Drag this custom indicator from the QuickList and drop it directly on
the Adv Issues/Dec Issues plot.

The resulting plot is the Arms Index.}

INDICATOR/CLOSE

Questions:
	the composite I have to create:
	adv/dec: is it the NUMBER of adv issues /decl issues?. Do I have to
calculate it at the end of each day??? How???In the composite, what 	is the
operation which links the stocks?? Can someone make an 	example??

	idem for the second composite

Many Thanks in advance
Luca Mazzanti
st163878@xxxxxxxxxxx