Re: SuperCharts 4.0 Question

<< One quick question regarding Supercharts v4.0 end-of-day -

  Is there a way to tell the Chartscanner to scan a set list of stocks or
  commodities for a specific trading system or indicator alerts WITHOUT
  having to place the trading system or indicator on EACH INDIVIDUAL
  chart? That is, if I want to track a system on the DJIA and I don't want
  to load up each chart and place a set of indicators on each chart, is
  there a way to do so? If so, how is that done?

  Thank you!

  Mike

 Mike
 What you want to do is very simple.  You want to use the chartscanner which
is
 under the tools menu.  Just put the showme's/systems you want to scan for and
 then chartscanner will search every chart on your list.  Your list can be
 handled two ways:  1) tell chart scanner to scan every symbol in a directory,
 such as US stocks.  Or 2) set up a custom data list of stocks etc. that you
 want to scan.  You set up a custom data list by looking under the
format/price
 data menu.
 Good luck.
 --Jim

Yeah, Mike,
What I'm saying is you set up a workspace called perhaps Scanning Stocks or
whatever.  In that workspace you have one chart.  That's it.  You link that
one chart to either a specific directory--such as US Stocks--or to a custom
data list which you must create.  I think you want to do the latter because
all you want to scan for are the dow stocks, correct?  Piece of cake.  Make
you custom data list and then chartscaner cycles through each stock on the
list in that one single chart.  You don't need more than one chart.  Okay?

Jim