Re: Gen: Moving Averages

Thanks to all who responded: Jim, John, Neal,Proffittak, Richard and Walt and
others
SUMMARY:
The main way to eliminate whipsaws seems to be (1) with displaced MA and (2)
the bounce method i.e., a move starts,then, retraces to a MA and you enter in
direction of the original move.  Displaced MA appear to be good trailing
stops.

Additional Clarification:
(1) What actually triggers the entry for the bounce method?
    (a) Move close to the MA on a retracement and enter at the market or  (if
this is
         used, do you look for some verification that the retracement has
ended?)
    (b) after the retracement, enter on a stop order to buy as it goes thru a
         previous pivot or
   (c) some other method

Also what time frames do you use for your MA?  I have a feeling it may vary
for daily charts, 60 min and 1 minute traders or do you feel it will work on
all time frames?

This information has been very useful and gets into the specifics of making
trading decisions which I feel is one of the main purposes of this list.
Thanks to everyone.
Lynn