GEN: Hedge Strategies

 ----------
Dear RealTraders,

I am interested in any comments regarding hedge strategies of the type
where one tries to go long the n best stocks in a given universe and
short the n worst stocks in the same universe, the universe typically
being the SP500. I've looked at www.trendvest.com, and they seem to show
impressive results, especially on a risk adjusted basis. Unfortunately, I
don't have the cash to have a portfolio of 50 to 100 stocks that need to
be rebalanced often without transaction costs eating me up.

Has anybody tried this? I've also heard about a firm called Tiger
Management (saw them on CNBC one morning), but I don't know how to
contact them. Anyone know?

Larry Lewis