Re: Tradestation, the trick of unlocking future plotting area

Rt'er,

  I've been researching for ways that would allow extra bars to be added
  beyond the end of the current system date while preventing
  Tradestation from coming around and eating them up.

  I've found an elegant workable technique after several days of
  brain storming which could also be used in realtime with a bit more
work.

  All you need to do is substract 28 years from the any given date.
  Substracting 28 from any date would preserve all the dates positioning
  with respect to day of week.

  What it also means is that any techniques that produces CIT in the
  future can be directly read off as the day and month would be the
  same in both series. Nice for producing histograms, crossover
  studies and etc.

  This is because the gregorian calendar repeats every 28 years. This
  solution works for any date from 1928 to 2100.

  Feel free to take advantage of this breakthrough. Drop me a line if
  anyone is interested to work together to update these bars in
  realtime, especially if you have the documentation for the DDE
  interface to Tradestation.

  cheers,

  Clement