MKT: Sentiment - bearish

Below are the results of our weekly "Guess the Dow" sentiment survey.
The survey was taken from 11/17 through 11/23 on our web site.

Number of participants: 364

30 day outlook:

39% bullish,  33% last week
48% bearish,  36% last week
14% neutral,  31% last week

(percentages may not sum to 100 due to rounding)

Median guess for the DJIA closing value on Friday, 11/28: 7740   (it
was 7562 last week). More complete sentiment data is available at
<http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm> .

Sentiment was a bit more decided this week. Last week's very large
neutral figure dropped precipitously from 31% to 14%.  The majority of
that neutral sentiment seems to have gone into the bearish camp which
gained 12% and now stands at 48%. Note that this is only 2% less than
the bullish reading following the October 27th debacle. Bullish
sentiment also gained this week, but only 6% to 39%. Given the strong
performance the market had last week, this turn towards bearishness
has us feeling that the bulls will be enjoying Thanksgiving.

To try this week's contest, stop by: http://www.lowrisk.com/guess.htm
More sentiment data is at: http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm

regards,
Jeff Walker