Re: Ross On Pivot Points

In a message dated 97-11-20 15:00:01 EST, meyer@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>  Have to disagree with you Pete. Once you stop learning in this biz,
>  you lose opportunities and/or make big mistakes. It may not be the
>  formulas that help. Then again that may help. It might be new insight
>  (piece in the puzzle) into something else in the puzzle that was
>  missing.

Harley

      I am not saying ot to learn, but most experienced traders like Joe Ross
 seem to have figured out that its not the exact nature of the indicator, but
the trading skill behind it.   If you want to use the pivots pick one and go
with it.  But you can probably back test to death and analyze the different
approaches until the moon turns blue.  Once you decide on one it may not be
the best one next week.  Thats the point.   Just pick one, pick your rules
and see if you can trade it.     It won't matter which one you use near as
much as the trading discipline you apply to using it.

                     Pete