Re: Question on Option Price

Ruth S. Alexander wrote:

> Question for options pros:  I am looking at the current issue of
> Barron's (Nov.10 issue).  The options listings for TelBrasl for the
> Dec 115 put is showing a closing price of $14.

Keep in mind that Barrons Option Tables include the "1000 most active
options for the week" or something to that effect.  The listed price is
that of the last trade.  I assume that TBRXC traded heavy early in the
week, anticipating the subsequent downdraft in TBR.  The option did not
trade on Friday, but at market close, it was bid at 22.00, so your idea
of a trade has been somewhat overtaken by events.

	Be sure to get an up-to-the-minute quote from a broker or realtime
service to evaluate trades like this.  You might wish to consider calls
in TBR at the moment, if it doesn't runaway upwards.

Dick Crotinger