Re: Intraday VS. Longer Term

Eric,

I agree with your discussion regarding trading philosophy but you are
entirely wrong about my intentions.  I never meant to give the impression
that I wanted anyone to send me their system. If they did, I  would not use
it to trade.  I design my systems to fit my own personality.  I have bought
systems before to get ideas but I have never traded any that I bought.

What I was asking was that they send confirmation that they had developed an
intraday system that beat the statistics of the benchmark that I gave.  I was
frustrated that I had not been able to develop one that did and was looking
for encouragement to continue my development process for one.  Again, I was
NOT asking for system code or trading philosophy, just confirmation of their
success in developing such a system.   This must be the fifth time that I
have posted this clarification.

It is interesting to me after all of my posts and responses regarding issues
other than my original request, that noone has responded that they have
developed an intraday system (that exits at or before the close of the entry
day) and makes more than the statistics that were given as my illustration of
desired results.  Again, I am NOT saying that such systems do not exist, I am
merely saying that I have not developed one nor have I received confirmation
that someone else has.

I meant this as an educational effort for all of us.  I am sorry if I misled
you.

Russ
<<<<<<<<<<<
Not really, TWA.  You also said if someone has a great system, you want
them to send it to you!!  You want someone to hand it to you, but no one
here is going to give away their methodology for nothing.  So it is only
normal that this started a debate on general methodologies, instead of
providing you with the answer that many seek.
I honestly think you are looking for the wrong thing.  You are looking
at a specific market for a specific 13 year period of the PAST.  This
has little to do with the future.  Is your time frame really 13 years??
Will you stick with 1 system for that long??  What is your trading
personality, or mentality??  Most traders are comfortable with a certain
style of system.  It isn't necessarily the most profitable, but it is
what fits you.  That is the system that you want, the one that fits your
personality, not the one that made the most $ in one time period of
history.  If you feel most comfortable daytrading, then do it and forget
trying to compare it to buy and hold. (or vice versa)  You'll never have
the most beautifull woman or the best trading system, so pick one your
willing to settle for.
If this advice is missing the point of your posts, sorry.