Re: Selling options

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Selling options
  • From: FAIRBANkkkkkkkkkkk
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 18:18:16 -0800 (PST)

Yes there are no limits on the front month in coffee...but that is irrelevant
because even when the futures are locked, options frequently still trade (as
in cotton).  So a person who is short some 75 calls ( lets say) in cotton
sees the market locked at 77 (lets say) and he thinks he's lost a lot but is
still ok.  Meanwhile the actual future is trading  synthetically in options
at 81 !!  ( It makes me laught to think that years ago people (including me)
in the cotton pit with 2 days left till expiration wouldn't cover short
options 400 ticks away..using the reason that it couldn't go more because
that represented two limit moves(2 x 200ticks),so a person was "safe".  Boy
were we naive.  No that's being charitable...boy were we stupid!