Re: GEN: Soros

Visavis wrote:

> http://www.cnnfn.com/markets/wires/9710/30/soros_wg/ reported that the
> Soros firm lost $2B attributed to this Black Monday.  Stanley Drukenmiller
> is the lead trader who handles all trade day to day transaction.
>
> Just can't believe it that many large CTA like Vic Neiderhoffer and many
> upreported one were hurt by this markets volatility.
>
> Are they what we call the "Smart Money"?
>
> :__________________________________:
>
>         Warm Regards!
>
>         Visavis
>         Visavis@xxxxxxx
>
> :__________________________________:

NW: Please consider the possibility that if you are a very very
successful trader that you are constantly watched by everyone in the
biz.
Therefore, any chance to diminish your reputation is actually to your
benefit so that others will stop trying to imitate you. Even if they did
have a bad day on Monday, chances are they took the opportunity to
exagerate their losses in order to diminish their profile. Additionally,
Soros and Co. is capitalized well enough that $2 billlion is chump
change, so that these losses will be recouped in short order. However,
the excellent PR that can be attained by publicizing losing $2 billion
can not be purchased at almost any price. Just think what that could be
worth in term of a few other major players not rushing to do the same
thing as Soros.

Cynically,

Norman