Re: FUTR GEN: RR and the TTC / Dali Landscape

Patrick Slevin wrote:

> Many people rely entirely on time in trading, and disregard price.
>
> Based on his A/D oscillator, McMillan shorted the OEX last Tuesday. Price was not the
> issue.
>
> Hank Camp, a successful trader, newsletter writer, and teacher, times his trades to
> within 5 minutes each day before the market opens.
>
> Sloman/Wilder's work on the Delta Phenomenon looks for entry and exit points based on
> time, not price.
>
> There are traders who prefer to trade on news, on support/resistance, on chart
> patterns.... why not time?
>
> --PJS

Patrick,

Don't get me wrong. :) Time is a very important and integral part of
trading. I have several intraday methodologies that incorporate time
as the major component, although it is necessary to determine if the
current price is overbought or oversold, so I know whether to buy or
sell at the pre-determined time.

While I am familiar with the first two traders, I am not familiar with
the timing indicators they use. Thank you for pointing them out, I
will certainly hunt down more information on what they are doing.
I am always interested in timed trading as it can be shown and
applied in real trading.

There is a fellow on the forum here, "SPTrader". He appears to be
working with some price and timing concepts that look pretty cool.

I don't mind the perspiration, if I can see the application. :)

Thanks

Walt Downs
CIS Trading