GEN: Tradestation Dominant Cycles

I've been working with an indicator described In the Nov., 1996 issue of
TASC which attempts to identify when a market is either in trending or
cyclical mode, and when in cyclical mode, determines buy and sell
signals based on the current phase of the market in relation to these
cycles.  It requires one to take a guess at determining the market's
current dominant cycle by eye-balling the number of bars between
significant highs and between significant lows.  That seems to work OK,
but I was wondering whether others have done some work in the way of
determining dominant cycles in Tradestation, and if so, whether they'd
be willing to share the code.

For those interested, attached is the code for two indicators as
described in the article.  They're called "Phase Calc 1” and "Phase Calc
2".  Phase Calc 1 is the indicator as detailed in TASC.   Phase Calc 2
is a derivation of that indicator and is used to create the signals.

Bob Hunt

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\PHASECLC.ELA"