Unreliable online data collection

Arnold Thompson wrote:

> Quite a few messages are posted to the effect: "I have lost my intraday
> data".  I currently download end of day data.  I am in real need of end
> of data intraday tick data. I do not like the options available to me
> yet. Here are my best options. If several of you out there know of other
> sources, PLEASE share that info.
>
> It is inherent in the Online data feeds for delayed-time data, that
> either they or I be down at times.  This results in data not captured on
> my PC. The data providers do not seem to get this.
>
> I have only found Tick Data that supplies end of day tick by tick
> download availability.  Thier minimum price is $40.00/mo.  If I want all
> futures and indexes I must pay $2/Kbyte. Just Futures are $55/mo. Best
> bet is unlimited access at 150/mo.
>
> Tick Data would cost as much or more as other online delayed-time data
> providers.
>
> I looked into Omega Tradestation also.  They provide free 2 days of tick
> data files for download.  They do not guarentee anything. Omega does not
> claim to be a data provider.  But it is really nice of them.  Too bad
> the data vendors don't take heed.

Arnold:

	Omega provides a vast amount of tick data, for both indexes and
stocks and commodities.  Their site contains close to two years of tick
data and end of day data, but you will need TradeStation or SuperCharts
and the data is not always totally reliable.  But for a "zero' cost, you
can't really complain.
	Regards,
	JDFO