Re: Unreliable online data collection

>I have only found Tick Data that supplies end of day tick by tick
>download availability.  Thier minimum price is $40.00/mo.  If I want all
>futures and indexes I must pay $2/Kbyte. Just Futures are $55/mo. Best
>bet is unlimited access at 150/mo.
>
>Tick Data would cost as much or more as other online delayed-time data
>providers.
>
>I looked into Omega Tradestation also.  They provide free 2 days of tick
>data files for download.  They do not guarentee anything. Omega does not
>claim to be a data provider.  But it is really nice of them.  Too bad
>the data vendors don't take heed.

I find that BMI is offering delayed 15 minute data at very reasonable cost.
The options and all indexes are real time.  Utilizing LiveWire to manipulate
the data, I accumulate my own tick data and even have the SP on real time by
combining in a synthetic symbol SPX and PREM which are themselves timely.
Cost for all stocks, commmodities, and all options is $71 per month.  This
data updates on my screen continuously under LW.

LW has numerous indicators and capability with synthetic symbols of having
spreads updating also.  One of LW's best indicators (RSIS)is an almost
uncanny predictor of action of the market.  It and your choice of five other
indicators can be run on tick or hourly or daily or weekly data and will
update right on the screen.  RSIS is RSI of Stochastics.

Your best solution if you have the above is to ask one of us RT's for the
data you lose.

Consider Practicing Random Kindness
(Read RAK's in Reader's Digest May 1992)
Roy C. Sampley
rsampley@xxxxxxxxx