Re: Dynamic Traders Group

> Date:          Sun, 28 Sep 1997 15:23:58 -0700
> From:          nwinski <nwinski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To:            davea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Cc:            RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject:       Re: Dynamic Traders Group

> Dave,
>   I don't now what RM's current level of evolution is. But, he once had
> a heavy emphasis on some of Gann's techniques. I strongly recommend not
> to try to learn Gann without first learning the basic principles of
> Astrology. Gann alludes to Astrological principles all thruogh his
> writings without out explanation or even telling you that it is
> Astrology.  To attempt Gann without this background can only lead to
> considerable confusion and frustration.
>   If anyone would like more info on learning the basic principles of
> Astrology and how they relate to the markets, please send me a private
> e-mail.
>
> Candidly,
>
> Norman
>
> P.S. I also recommend not to learn Gann from folks who do not know
> Astrology because if they don't know Astrology they don't know Gann.
> If you doubt any of this, I have proof provided by a former Gann
> partner.

Sorry,

I couldn't agree with that. You not need to know anything in Astro-stuff to be able to
calculate Gann angles. Almost any technical software has such tool to draw Gann angles,
and some provide even more sophisticated Gann calculations like Advanced GET (Gann
angles, Gann boxes, Square of 9) or Wave Wi$e (Gann Levels).
I personnaly wrote xls add-ins based on D. Fischer Gann Levels technique, and I can say
that it doesn't require any Astrological "science".

Furthermore, I will always avoid using any astro technique, as it would tend to make the
trader "hope" for the event to come, and make his judgement more subjective.
But it's only my humble opinion.

Carl
http://www.tradingware.com

Carl Vanhaesendonck