Re: How to Set Up Exempt Commodity Pools??

 ----
I am interested in establishing an Exempt Commodity Pool (i.e. under
$200,000 and 15 investors or less ).

I have seen some advertisements on the net about kits that provide
all the necessary elements to set up and manage an Exempt Commodity
Pool.  One "kit" I have seen advertisement for is over $700.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good source of information (e.g.
book) that explained the necessary steps in managing an Exempt
Commodity Pool that did not have a ridiculous price tag?

Do you have the NFA's Regulatory Guide for CPOs and CTAs? You can e-mail
them and get it for free. They have a 17-page section showing a sample
commodity pool that may be useful to you. http://www.nfa.futures.org/pub_mbr
s.html The info and e-mail link are on that page. Or e-mail public_affairs@x
fa.futures.org and request that publications M-2 and M-6 be sent to you.
And isn't there an FCM that would set you up with some of those materials
you need if you clear through them? I would see what you can get free
first!Aloha, Jeff

Jeff T. Buchanan
jeffsom@xxxxxxxxx
jefftrades@xxxxxxx
http://www.pin-amfutures.com/

The following are some of the items that one of the "kits" includes;
1) Legal considerations
2) Copy of actual NFA exemption
3) Ongoing responsibilities
4) Generic Limited Partnership and SubscriptionAgreements designed
specifically for trading futures and options markets (special
language qualifies for certain IRA funds) *
5) Generic brochure sample promotional 3 fold and template *
6) NFA/CFTC AND SEC filing requirements and appropriate forms for
filing ***
7) Checking account ledger *
8) Prospects and subscription log *
9) Additions and withdraw log *
10) General fund ledger *
11) Month-end and year-end duties and statement forms *
12) Example account statements
13) How to use IRA funds in your exempt commodity pool

I am most interested in getting information on how to use IRA funds
in a Commodity Pool.

Respectfully,
tornado@xxxxxxxx
Alan C.