Re: ripped off at c.schwab

For what it's worth I have tried several brokers with Schwab among them.
I had several problems with them which led me to close my account there
and move the business to Fidelity. Among these were problems getting straight
answers from their branch staff and telephone agents. Some were rude or surly,
frequently they were unknowledgeable or gave wrong answers. Every now and
then mistakes would be made regarding the account and I would have to correct
them. These included funds distributed which did not take place and charges
which were not supposed to happen. The statements are also pretty bad.

By contrast, Fidelity has been much better in terms of their staff, rates, and
technology. I get lower commissions, faster service, and a better set of tools
(Foxplus). Schwab is not the worst yet. Etrade was much worse. They would fill
orders after confirmed cancels. Their statements were among the worst. I have
had good experience also with JB Oxford (stockbroker, phone only) and Jack
Carl/EDF Man (futures, excellent service, very professional order desk).

CAVEAT EMPTOR

Notwitstanding the above, no trader is excused from taking full responsibility
for whatever trade he makes or services he uses. In the end, it's up to you
to evaluate and manage your brokers on an ongoing basis. Unfortunately this can
be somewhat of a rolling doughnut.

Trader Phil/Cupertino CA

--
Please note the new email address below:
Old: 5150@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

###