Re: GEN - Formula for CCI

Gene:

According to the MetaStock 4.0 User's manual, details on the contents and
interpretation of the CCI can be found in the October 1980 issue of
Commodities (now known as Futures) Magazine.  The article was written by
Donald Lambert.

For what this is worth, that manual also describes the CCI as follows:

"The Commodity Channel Index (CCI) is calculated by first determining the
difference between the mean price of a commodity and the average of the
means over the time period chosen.  This difference is then compared to the
average difference over the time period (this factors in the commodity's
own inherent volatility). The result is then multiplied by a constant that
is designed to adjust the CCI so that it fits into a "normal" trading range
of +/-100."

Paul