Gen. Rollover

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Gen. Rollover
  • From: Thomas Brun <TDBRUNkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 07:37:53 -0700 (PDT)

        GEN: Changeover of Contracts
  Date:
        Sun, 31 Aug 97 18:31:56 +0000
  From:
        Bbbazusa@xxxxxxx
    To:
        realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fellow traders:
1.  A simple specifice question
2.  When should I start trading the DECEMBER contracts for the S&P,
Bonds and
Currencies. Day trades and 1-3 day trades.
3. If next week is to be wild, I want to be trading the right month.

Dear Fellow Trader,

I can only answer for the S+P contracts.  I will rollover into the
december contract when it becomes the Front Month.  This usually occurs
on the open on the Thursday the week before the contract expires.  I
think the front month means that the broker is able to ARB in the order
to the pit.  If you want to keep slippage as low as possible always
trade the front month.  My experience is that it is the most liquid and
active. Even on a market order, my broker will have to call me back, if
I am not trading the Front Month.

Regards,

Tom....