(Fwd) Re: Data feeds/tools

<realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I also am disapointed with the newer Meta Stock.  I recently ordered
version 5.11.  This is the version for Windows 3.1.  I found it very
hard to use. It had too much stuff.  Way too much.  I am using an
older version  2.1.  This is from when Meta Stock got famous and big.
 The older version is very easy to use and look at stocks, which is
what I need.  I understand that a lot of people that use the Dos
version have a hard time swiching over.  I sent mine back yesterday.
I will continue on with the old one.  I figure version 6 is worse
yet.  All those bells and whistles only seem to serve to pull you
away from your goal of being right in the market.  People have be
aware of when they are being distracted.
bob

I've been using MS 6.0 for a while and am disappointed with it.  Considering that this is
at 6th major release version, I have found an inordinate amount of bugs, oversights and
generally poor UI design.  The downloader design is a travesty.  I also take issue with
how each stock, index, whatever that you want to monitor has to be separately created.
If I were to buy a complete database of all stocks, I couldn't just scroll down through a
list and open whatever I might be interested in that day.  You first have to create an
entry for each item which is then stored as an unrecognizable file name.

JW
abprosys@xxxxxxx