Re: Horrendous Fills

jdfo wrote:

> Is it just me or has anyone else been experiencing just terrible fills
> the past two weeks, day trading the SP's?  I mean my stops get blown
> right through by 30 to 40 points and my buy/sell stops at times have
> been 50 to 75 points away from initial order.  This is a fast market but
> WOW.  Had 175 points today in slippage in four trades.
>         Any  knowledgeable experienced guru's have an answer?
> jdfo

jdfo,
  You need a new perspective. 30 points is .0003 of the underlying
value.
That isn't even considered a good tip for the door man. I don't know
what your profit goals are, but for this market I wouldn't want to
enter unless I thought I could make at least 600 points.  If you give
up 30 points each way that is still only 10% of your profit goal.

   With the above in mind, there is always a chance you have a
sub-standard floor broker. What clearing firm do your S&P order go
through and who is your floor broker? Perhaps one of the S&P locals
on here,i.e. Intel55 can advise you on this. Also, if you ask, I am
sure you will get about 50 offers for a new brokerage relationship. <G>

Tippingly,

Norman