Re: GEN: Ablesys` ASC Trend

I haven't seen ASCtrend but in a round about way - I can say don't buy it.
You see, about a year ago I asked a fellow trader what he thought of
ASCTrend, because I saw his name as a refernce, the one stating "just
another $5,000 trade"; he said ASCtrend was OK but he had just gotten hold
of something better. It was a bunch of indicators by a Jim Cox. Taking my
friends advice, I bot Jim's stuff instead, but was disappointed at best;
just a bunch of black box indicators with little predictive value.
Unfortunately, Jim sort of disappeared and I couldn't get my money back.
Guess you can't even trust your friends.
Anyway, from what I've seen in their ads, ASCtrend is just another not so
great tool; you could probably do just as well trading with a combination of
moving averages, say length 9&18;
Buy only when Average(C,9)>Average(C,18) and you have synergy with
intermediate mtm; let price patterns be your cocking mechanism, risk 1-2 x
Avg.Range from SignalH/L SCO and shoot for a normal swing extended from MRL.
Save your money, ASCTrend too expensive now w/ the lease and all. If you
must, at least check references, ask for monthly statements. If it was any
good the vendor would have made it into a system long ago and sold it as
such, as opposed to a mere black boxed overpriced trend indicator.
Gone are the days of non performance-based products.
Joe.

At 08:38 AM 8/25/97 -0700, you wrote:
>RT`s
>
>In scanning through past issues of Futures Magazine, I was again captured
by Ablesys` ASC Trend. Are there any Real Traders out there that have any
knowledge and/or are using ASC Trend that would be willing to share some of
their experiences.

>I have studied their Web Site and it appears that this method would be
complimentary to other methods, in that it keeps you in the trade a wee bit
longer?