Re: Fidelity 3% Load

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Fidelity 3% Load
  • From: "G.John Boggio" <boggio@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 05:55:23 -0700 (PDT)

Fasttrackers,

 Two thoughts (one suggestion):

  If you paid a 3% load on a fidelity fund and then you decide to move to
CASH, I suggest that you put this money into the Fidelity Select MMF -
FSMMKT.  This way, you will not confuse your pots of "loaded" money.
However, you will be sacrificing a small fraction of your MM yield verse
what you could get in the Spartan MMF - SPRXX (for those that qualify).  If
you decide to move to another Fidelity Fund, that does not have a 3% load,
you will have to remember (or ask your Fid. representative) at the time of
sale, if this money is already 'marked' as 3%.  If so, move it into the
Select MMF if you are looking for a temporary holding place, but don't
invest it outside of Fidelity otherwise you just paid a pretty high
'commission' when you decide to bring it back to a 3% Fidelity fund.

 Second, just a reminder, consider trading in your 'retirement' account.
Doing so will avoid  the 3% front load for a majority of Fidelity funds
excluding the Select funds (and the Magellan Fund).  This will allow you to
then trade Non-Fidelity funds without ever paying the 3% load in the first
place.

Hope this helps,
John Boggio
PS.  I just called Fidelity and they informed me that the Select MMF is
currently yielding MORE THAN the Spartan MMF at the present time, this is
not typical, 5.44% vs. 5.30% respectively.