Re: GEN: AMOSS & Z-Score Timing

At 06:54 PM 8/25/97 EDT, Ronald McEwan wrote:
>The signals generated by the AMOSS and the Z-Score can be significantly
>improved by using open, high, low and close data in the calculations. If
>you are using real time data, you will be able to get intra day signals.
>Another improvement on the Z-Score formula is to use a filter such as the
>recursive smoothing filter used by Mel Widner Ph.D. in the article on
>Rainbow Charts from the July TAS&C.
>
>Good Luck
>Ron McEwan

Welcome back Ron.  The AMOSS charts that I have been posting use both the
closing VIX and an average of the O+H+L+C.  It appears that a crossover of
the two coincides with the reversal points.  The closing VIX in
relationship to that day's average also reflects fear or confidence
remaining on the close.  What is your interpretation of the AMOSS charts on
Friday?  Are they on a buy signal?  Would you give us some more insight on
interpreting them?

BobR
Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\OEX825.gif"