Re: FUTR GEN: Murray and Muray Math

Rick_Ratchford wrote:

> I thought Norman brought out some interesting points that I have to
> agree with. I make my comments below those points.
>
> nwinski wrote:
>
> I barely scraped thru 8th grade math and probably flunked that
> > IQ test. Interestingly, it is my understanding that Albert Einstein
> > flunked 8th grade math. But there is a funny correlation that I have
>
> > observed that pulls all of this together.
>
> <snip>
>
> > I noticed after awhile that the more degrees and education
> > they had the worse they were at trading.
>
> <snip>
>
> > ... the most successful and wealthiest
> > traders at the CBOE and the CBOT were lucky if they got thru
> highschool.
> > Many of these top trades were former cab drivers and newspapers
> stand
> > people. So why did the overeducated ones do so poorly?  I noticed
> that
> > they tended to overanalyze everything.
>
> <snip>
>
> This is interesting and makes sense. I have no degrees. Didn't feel
> one
> was needed. It wasn't. It seems that some do over analyze a bit. Could
>
> it be due to their college experience? Maybe. But it appears that
> there
> are many without 'higher' education that tend to excel in this field
> of
> trading. Why? Possibly because they are not boxed into a narrow way of
>
> looking at the markets. They may not have been pre-programmed by
> 'higher' education that the market has to be this way or that.
>
> Now of course this does not apply to everyone, and 'higher' education
> is
> just great in my opinion. I highly respect those who had the endurance
>
> (and money) to go through several years of college to attain those
> documents. I wish I could have, but I was out on the street by 17 and
> had to start earning.
>
> > Albert flunked 8th grade math. He said the key to his
> > genius was that he never grew up, that he was still a child at
> heart.
>
> <snip>
>
> Deja Vu? As mentioned from articles I posted here last year, you have
> have FUN! I'm having a BLAST! How else can you continue even after a
> just a few losing trades if you let things get to you? My wish is that
> can continue to have fun so that the wins will be that much better!
> Sure
> it is a business, you don't have to tell me. It is my business. But I
> only do it because it brings out the child in me to have FUN! Oh, and
> profits are okay also. :)
>
> > Albert Einstein took a profound concept, relativity, and made it
> simple.
> > Albert even wrote a simple example of riding on a train that I could
> use
> > to explain to my 5 year old son in about one minute, so that he
> would
> [...]

   Way to go guys.  I,personally, am a university graduate in Finance.
With what they taught me in the campus, I found them they are absolutely
a waste of time.  When I walked out of the campus back in 1984, I
thought I was well-equipped with all the necessary tools to conquer the
financial markets....And that was the biggest illusion I've encouter in
the course of attempting to be a trader.  When it comes to making money,
nothing and I mean nothing will beat Technical Analysis.  I just
couldn't imagine myself using Random Walk Theory and Efficient Frontier
to trade the markets!  That would be madness!

Have a good one
Jeff Harteam
Hong Kong