Re: Investigator 2.0

I tried the program on their 30 day trial. I was primarily interested in its
pattern recognition capabilities and the other tools did not interest me. I
asked their head of development before I purchased it how it compared with
NAVA patterns. He said that he was not familiar with it.

When I received it, I found that, while the ability to drag and drop open,
high, low, and close and the bars themselves into different relationships is
very nifty, it still largely does the same thing as NAVA which I find rather
crude and of limited use. Pattern recognition in the markets has to be far
more intelligent and be able to pick up on patterns that transcend bar and
tick relationships. These patterns are very, very hard to quantify and even
hard to train a neural net to recognize.

Anyway I returned the thing. As for being competition for Tradestation, it's
ability to translate graphical drag and drop parameters into mathematical
formulas works in a very narrow application of "trade-catching."

On the plus side--everybody over at the company was extremely nice and
helpful. I'm  sure that this program will be useful for some people. I did
not test any of the programs other capabilities so I suggest that readers of
this email not judge the program entirely on the basis of my comments.

Eddie Kwong

<< Has anyone seen the new trading software Investigator 2.0?    Their web
site
 is www.great-trades.com        They have a nice feature where you can create
 bar patterns visually   (competition for Trade Station?).

 They also have a nice indicator called the Gann Trend.   Has anyone ever
seen
 this indicator reproduced in Omega?    If so,  would you be willing to share
 the code or ela.

 Thanks,     Paul

 ppmig@xxxxxxx >>