ADMIN - Explanation of Digest Format

If one turns off Digest Format, are the messages lost or can one come back off vacation and retrieve them?
Any more explanation of what Digest Format is would be greatly appreciated. Mickey drmick@xxxxxxxxxxxx

<<
Mickey and fellow RT'ers
The Digest format is a daily grouping of all posts sent to the forum in a 24 hour period, as opposed to individual posting. This 'grouping' comes to you as 1 file around 100-200k in size. In this file, you will find any and all posts that were sent to the group. The only problem with this digest format is that some email programs do not automatically decode .gif and .pcx files. Therefore, you may need to use a decoding software program to assist you (see below). Personally, I used to use digest for a second RT's address that I had, and the use of the decoding program was very simple and took about 1 minute to do the conversions.
The website for the decoding software that I use is: http://www.sabasoft.com/info/prod.htm
Thanks, John Boggio
PS To answer your question, "If one turns off Digest Format, are the messages lost or can one come back off vacation and retrieve them?", the answer is: If you turn off Digest, you will then receive your RT'ers email as you do now...individually, throughout the day!!! Your membership IS NOT cancelled if you "turn-off" the digest. But if you delete a Digest file, that file and all of those posts for that day ARE lost and we DO NOT keep backups of the Digest files. Therefore, do not DELETE the file until you are sure you want to.