GEN: Just Some Thoughts

Well, I expect the following message to get a range of reactions, and please
note that I am writing this to encourage discussion, NOT to offend anyone.  I
also bvelieve most succesful traders/investors will agree.

As a trader your biggest asset is knowledge (a little luck never hurt) and
the more the better.  For this reason I read everything I can possibly get my
hands on that I have some time for.  Recently a few people asked me whether
Jeff Coopers book was worthe the high $100 price tag, while my general
reaction to his book and methods do not warrant serious consideration, some
of his techniques can be useful combined with other methods (however, his
book is not the issue).

I believe, every book I have ever read on the subject has taught me or at
least made me think of at least one helpful concept.  Some Books on
trading/investing may be very basic, however, they should make you THINK and
this may lead to something great.  As for a book costing $100, hopefully this
$100 should not affect your trading capital in the slightest amount or else
you should really think about your trading philosophy (not to say that one
cannot make money starting with a small amount, however, at that point I
think your money is better spent getting knowledge instead of trading).
 Personally, I have spent a great deal of money on books and love talking to
other investors, such as on this service.  I know more than some and less
than many, however, even the most novice trader may bring something up that
can help me.  My belief is that we can always learn something from everyone.
Those are my thoughts.

Scott