GEN:rain for grain

Central Illinois :
The rains we've had have been really spotty, even from one end of a field
to another. One large farmer in this area is reporting brown stem rot in
his irrigated corn resulting from cool temps/irrigation. To improve, it
needs to get hot. By Macomb IL, I'm hearing reports of spider mites in some
bean fields. Alot of poor looking corn from central to south-central
Illinois and into central MO. Rain won't help most of it now. A good
general rain right now WILL make the soybeans. On the other
hand, the northern midwest is talking bumper crop. Oh, what to do?!!!
Steve