Market Of The Week

Greetings TTC'ers!

** This post is also being CC'd to the Realtraders list since someone
(Kevin) posted an old T Bond forecast I did last June for a turn on 8/5.

I'm going to use the Sept. T-Bond contract for our Market Of The Week.
We've not used this market so far, so now would be a good time. 8/5, as
the world knows, was a FDate forecast made last June. You may remember
the post, where James Bond had a conversation with Money Penny.

What also was brought back to my attention is what Normie Winski wrote
on the bottom of that forecast. He felt my Fdate forecast did not agree
with his planetary alignments, that 8/13 was the day where the planets
come out to play. Then, of course, something about seeing who will be
right or not.

This reminds me of the movie, The Fastest Gun in the West. Glen Ford was
constantly being challenged by everyone who wanted to test their speed
against his. On the one hand, this may be a compliment. On the other, it
gets old after you've done a few. I would have thought the Soybeans
challenge was enough. :)

Anyway, we may both be right on this one.

Having a conversation with my excellent broker, Mr. Alexander, the
subject of T-Bonds came up. It was obvious that from 8/5, prices have
been rising, and 8/5's low has not been violated. It would seem that my
forecast worked to perfection.

Yet, what about Normies 8/13? Why can't that work as well?

The answer is, it can and probably will. Here is why I say that.

Talking with Tom, I ran the Fdates program to see what the next turn in
T Bonds was going to be. Tom has an interest in this market and my 8/5
forecast being reposted made me currently interested. Lo and behold,
what did I find? 8/11 is another Fdate! But that is not all.

I have a program that does cycle work. Its name will remain anonymous.
But I selected T Bonds and looked down the list of cycle turns expected.
Yep, you guessed it, 8/12 is a cycle turn date as well. And to really
make pudding wiggle, it is a CYCLE HIGH that is 'expected'. Note how I
like to put single quotes around the word 'expected'. This emphasizes
that nothing is 100%.

Now, if this be the case, this market may be setting up for some good,
old fashion trading. We continue to go up leaving 8/5 behind, to top
around 8/11,12. This would make Normies 8/13 just one or two days early.
What, you think it might go to 8/13 and make my Fdate 2 days late?

Naw, never. :)

cheers!
:)
rick