MKT: sentiment - bulls surge

Below are the results of our weekly "Guess the Dow" sentiment survey.
The survey was taken from 7/28 thru 8/3 on our web site. If you would
like to participate in this weeks survey/contest, stop by
<http://www.lowrisk.com/guess.htm> .

30 day outlook:

66% bullish,  53% last week
11% bearish,  20% last week
23% neutral,  27% last week

(percentages may not sum to 100 due to rounding)

Average guess for the DJIA closing value on Friday, 8/8: 8096  (it was
8015 last week). More complete sentiment data is available at
<http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm> .

This week's sentiment numbers saw a surge of bullishness. The bullish
reading of 66% was the highest ever for our "Guess the Dow" contest.
The previous high reading was 58%, which was registered two weeks ago.
Bearish sentiment all but dried up, falling to 11%. Neutral sentiment
dropped 4% to 23%. This jump in bullishness has us feeling a bit leery
of the market this week. A jump of 13% to a level a full 8% higher
than the previous record reading is something to take note of. The
markets steep selloff last Friday apparently did little to dispel
investor enthusiasm. The market did recover by the close on Friday so
that the damage was relatively slight, and maybe this sparked
confidence. Nevertheless, we are wary of the market this week.

We have three sponsors for our contest this week. Weekly winners will
now receive a two month subscription to the Early Bird Club at the
Short Term Stock Selector AND a one year subscription to The Blue Star
List AND a one year subscription to Jack's Picks.

If you would like to try this weeks "Guess the Dow" contest, stop by
our site at: <http://www.lowrisk.com/guess.htm> .

regards,
Jeff Walker
jwalker@xxxxxxxxxxx